Film Production In Johannesburg
Aside from hosting many TV commercial and feature film shoots, Johannesburg is the TV production capital of South Africa.
- Johannesburg is the largest city (by population) in South Africa
- Film locations range from upmarket office complexes, shopping centres and houses to grungy city streets, gold mines and industrial complexes.
- Transit point to film friendly game farms and African bush landscapes
- Excellent camera, grips and lighting equipment easily available
- Variety of small and large film studios
- Gauteng Film Commission offers location permitting and traffic coordination
- Hot summers with afternoon rainfall (October-March) with relatively mild, rain-free winters (April-September).
- OR Tambo Airport is the largest airport in the country,and the biggest airport in Africa. A flight to Durban takes less than an hour, whilst flights to Cape Town are approximately 2 hours long
- Numerous air charter services allow quick access to game farms
- The Johannesburg metropolis is linked by good roads to the nearby cities of Pretoria, Midrand, Sandton and Soweto.
- Tourist attractions include the Apartheid Museum, Lion Park, Gold Reef City, and the Newtown, Melrose Arch and Rosebank shopping complexes