There’s an apparent severe shortage of production accountants in South Africa, as well as a lack of knowledge among filmmakers on how to draft and manage production budgets.
So says Destiny Media Africa, who, in association with Film Finances SA, will host a workshop on the 12 May 2017 on the fundamentals of production accounting.
The aim of the workshop is to provide individuals in the film and television industry as well as aspiring production accountants with the fundamentals of drafting and managing a production budget.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants a better understanding of managing production finances from pre-production to production to post-production audits
- Individuals who want to know how to draft a production budget, scheduling and cost reporting
- Anyone who wants to work as a film accountant
- Producers, Line Producers or anyone who want to strengthen their abilities to manage costs of a larger film production.
- Accountants who want to include production accounting as part of their services
- Accountants who need to audit the books and records of a film or television production have found this very practical grass-roots training invaluable.
- Experience or education. If you have some basic skills in Excel and Word software as well as numeracy you qualify.
For any enquiries or bookings please contact Nalie at email@example.com